Pages

Thursday 11 June 2015

Glenbrae four day week-end!

It was a four day weekend, why you ask? For Glenbrae students because on Monday it was the Queen’s Birthday and on Tuesday it was teachers only day. It was a chilly Saturday morning in Glen Innes, I looked out my window and saw that the grass tips were ice. A gentle breeze snuck under my bedroom door, which gave me the chills. I jumped out of my bed tiredly and washed my face with the freezing water that splashed the bottom of the sink. Today I was just going to watch movies, play games then go to Rally!

I was quite bored as the sun shone through my window. I started to play a little on my Netbook. When I finished playing on my Netbook, I watched a horror movie, called As Above, So Below. Its about 6 people (4 men and 2 girls) who go into an underground cave to help a  girl find what her father had been looking for his whole life. The had crawled through very tight places and tunnels just to find what they had been looking for. As the movie goes, all of the bad things that they have done, returns back to them and most of them die. E.g, one of the men that was with them, he didn’t want to go in the cave because his little brother drowned in a cave when they were both younger, but he a police came and they had no where else to go. They all walked past this cave with water in it, he looked very closely and he could see his brother drowning. As they carried along they came across a cave and it had words carved into it in another language, it said ‘Here opens the gate of hell.’ This is where I got terribly afraid. They all crawled through the tunnel and they went into all of the same rooms that they had been into before they got into there. All of the entrances were gone and everything was upside-down, but all they had to do was keep going down. Another one of the girls went into this room and saw this circle in the ground, they all helped her to push it open. They crawled through the hole and they were on the road, but only 3 survived.

After I had watched the movie I had goose-bumps, but yet I still liked the movie.  

As the movie ended I slowly got ready for Rally. Rally is just like Youth, where we had different activities we do every Tuesday. Today's activity was Dark Games, this activity is my favourite activity they do at Rally. Everyone got split up into 2 groups. The first activity we had to do was ‘Guess the drawing.’ Someone had to go to one of the leaders and ask what they had to draw. Most of them were easy and some of them were hard too. After we finished that game we moved on to this game where we had to dress up into weird clothing (Purple long pants, striped ribbon across my head, butterfly wings and a flower necklace) It was hard because we had to find 3 things in just a little amount of time in the basement, but my friend, who was the one who hid them all helped me find them all because I took a while. I marched up the stairs as my group was waiting for me patiently.

Next, after everyone had their turn we played a game balled base. What we had to do in this game was, we had to throw a ball anywhere we liked around the room, run to as many bases as we could before they caught the ball and through it below your knee . The highest score I got was at least 6.

Meanwhile, we played a game, it doesn't really have a name but what we had to do was we had 4 things and we had to build like a parachute or something that could keep 3 marshmallows in the cup, without using a lid. The materials that we got were a paper cup, 3 rubber bands, a piece of cardboard, 10 straws, tape and some newspaper. My leader had a great idea, he said that we would tape the cardboard to the cup which made the cup stay still on the cardboard. Put the rubber bands on the top, it isn't really a lid but it done a great job. All we used was just 3 things and it made the marshmallows stay in the cup. After everyone had finished, one of the leaders went on the roof by the attic, and took groups presentations one by one. When it had come to our teams turn, I was shaking because I was scared that it wouldn't stay in. But she gently threw it down and the marshmallows stayed in. I was so happy that they did and the rest of my team was too.

Finally, after tonight's session we had supper. When we all finished having supper, one of the leaders (David) called out which car we were going in and what leader we were going with. As we all jumped out of rally and hopped into the soft seats of the car. The leader dropped me off home, I lied down peacefully in bed and dozed off into a deep sleep.

On Wednesday morning I woke up and got ready for a busy day at at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.