Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Baking Bread!

For the week, Glenbrae School has been doing science week. Yesterday with Mrs Parker, Mrs Parker decided bake bread. We all sat on the mat and got to take turns mixing and adding the ingredients into the bowl. As we finished up and got onto the kneading process, Mrs Parker picked some students to come and help her. I had a turn but I wasn't kneading hard enough so I let then next person go. Mrs Parker had split the dough into two pieces, we left one to rest for thirty minutes and the other half for one and a half hours.

As we cooked it until ready, Mrs Parker read us a book about baking bread. When she finished, the bread was ready. Mrs Card brought it to us. The thing we had to do was see what was the difference between the one that had a very long rest and the one that had a short rest time.

As I had a bite into both of them, I thought the one that had a shorter rest. I was really nice and soft. It had a little sour and sweet taste in it which made it even better.

It was very fun learning how to bake bread. It was a fantastic experience because I have never baked bread before. I was happy that I finally could.

2 comments:

  1. You've remembered some really important details from the experiment, including the variables of letting one rest for the full time and baking one quickly.
    Do you remember what we discovered about why bread rises? What causes the bread to rise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The carbon dioxide makes air holes which causes the bread to rise.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.