Pages

Friday 6 November 2015

Sending a Post Card from Cape Reinga

For reading this week, we have been working on a book called " The Vege Car," I bet it sounds weird, but it is still very interesting. The story is about a Man named James Nui building a car the can only use Vege oil not gasoline. The car has been equipped to only be used on Vege Oil. It also saves money and doesn't pollute the air. He proves that you can use Vege Oil by traveling from the top of New Zealand to the Bottom of New Zealand! Isn't the crazy!

The first activity I had to do was pretend to be James Iti writing to one of his friends on a post card. This is what I have done. I have used Google Draw to make this, but my Teacher, Mrs Parker has made the post card. I have also made up a name to use on the letter. (I'm sorry if there is a person actually named Jake Henare)

The second reading activity I have done is a PMI ( Plus, Minus, Interesting) I have read over the book and written down what is good about the Vege Car and the book and what isn't so good. It has created a table which I had to divide what is Positive, Negative and Interesting. I haven't done much, But i have been doing as much I can in this amount of time. I also shared a Doc with a few friends in my reading group so that we could all work together. 

Names: Davarni, Honey and Shannon Topic: The Vege Car      Date: 04/11/15

Plus (Positive)
Minus (Negative)
Interesting
  • Vegetable Oil doesn’t cost
  • Vegetable Oil doesn’t pollute air
  • Drive over 3000 Km with no breakdowns using Vegetable Oil
  • Gas cost a lot of money

  • The car's exhaust fume causes Pollution, which affects health problems

  • The car was damaged when they travelled to south.

  • James Nui got a Speeding Ticket.  

  • Staying up over night trying to fix the fuel system

  • Cars can actually run on Vegetable Oil
  • It can travel 3000 km without stopping using Vege oil
  • Went around the whole of New Zealand using Vege Oil





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.