Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Museum of Transport and Technology!

Motat, Museum of Transport and Technology

On Wednesday, room 7, 9 and 10 went on a field trip to Motat. I asked my aunty (Rowena) if she could come to Motat with us and she said yes. When we got to school I was feeling excited. We had arrived to school and we entered the hall. Mrs Parker arranged our groups and which leader we would go with. I was obviously with my aunty.

Firstly, the bus had arrived at the front of our school for us to go on. Some of Room 7 and room 10 went on the same bus. When we hopped into the bus I sat in a seat with my aunty. The bus-driver took us to Motat.

Next, all of the classes were waiting at the front of the gate for our instructor, Katherine, to come and open the gate for us to enter Motat. When she had come, she let us in and we waited in our class lines under a gazebo. The classes got called one by one to go to the rotunda. When we sat down on the mat she told us a little about Motat. Katherine said that we could have some morning tea then go off and do our activities. Rowena’s group (McKenzie, Loto, Litia, Pelenise, Setaita and I) went to the Telecommunication first and checked out all the old phones and things, it was awesome because I had seen the weird and confusing ways to use it.

Afterwards, we all went to the earthquake cafe, it was funny and scary at the same time because it felt like I was in an earthquake. As I hopped out of the earthquake room we all went into the Mirror Maze!  As I glanced into the mirror maze I could already feel the illusion getting me! It was freaky!  When I had come to the middle of the maze I kept on bumping into the mirror and going into dead-ends. I saw the light of the exit reflecting on the mirrors, then that's when I knew that I had found a way out. As everyone hopped out of the maze we went into this small cinema room with flip seats and a weird movie machine making the movie play, it was awesome though knowing how they used to make movies in the  olden days.

Moments later, we went to the fire station and looked at all of the old fire trucks and how they worked. I had seen a big fire truck that was long and short, it was quite interesting seeing and getting information from things that we didn’t even know existed.  I walked around all the trucks and read some information that I never knew about.

Once we left the fire station we went to this other room where there were machine’s and how they used to make things, it was quite confusing seeing the way the used to make food and other things. We had checked out that room then we had marched to Edmund Hillary room. It had a lot of info about Edmund Hillary and how he climbed Mount Everest. It was interesting learning about him and his team mates.

Meanwhile, we had travelled to THE MACHINE, it was my favourite place in the whole of Motat. It had a park and other weird, but cool machines in there. My favourite activity in there was the weight lifter, it was this cage that you sit in and lift yourself up while pulling on a rope, it’s awesome.

After that, all of the classes went back to the Rotunda and had some lunch. After we all had some lunch Katherine came along and took Room 7 to a room that was quite chilli and small. We all sat down and listened to her and what she had to say about all of the things that were in there. There were things about communication, cameras and how they used to send letters home. After she told us all about the things that were in there, we had a chance to go and see what was around in the room. The first thing that I found interesting was the letters that pieces of information that weren't aloud to be sent home. If you were to be in war you could not send a plan or something you were about to do to the enemies. The other things in the room were very interesting, especially the Princess Mary box. Every Christmas Princess Mary would fundraise some money so she could buy gifts for the soldiers.

Once we had finished looking at all of the amazing events and some of them were the real deal, which was awesome. We all ran back to the Rotunda and  got our bags and made our way back to the bus, we all said goodbye to Katherine and made our way back to school. Motat was a fun experience learning about things in the olden days, I hope I can go there again some day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you learned and remembered so much in the educator session with Katherine. A huge thank you to your Aunty Rowena. She was a great helper at MOTAT and is welcome to help again sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.